Sunday, April 30, 2006

Corporal Punishment = Capital Gain

OK, so I read a news article on MSN.com tonight about a woman who was awarded $1.7 million in damages after being spanked at work. I'm not making this stuff up people. Apparently she was part of a "camaraderie building exercise" where employees were paddled with rival companies' yard signs as part of a contest between sales teams.

The woman was quoted as saying, "No reasonable middle-aged woman would want to be put up there before a group of young men, turned around to show her buttocks, get spanked and called abusive names."

A Fresno jury awarded her $500,000 to compensate her for emotional distress, pain, suffering, past economic losses and future medical costs. They then added another $1.2 million in punitive damages.

There wouldn't be enough money in the GDP to award me that kind of settlement for every time I was spanked as a child. Thanks Dad.

Keep it real,

Ben

No comments: