OK, so today I was working at Freshen's in the Student Center and right before noon there was a huge rush of senior citizens. Now I like the elderly as much as the next guy, but when you grab my arm and refer to me as "young man" you've crossed the line.We've never had so many complaints. We heard comments like "We're out of soup" (I don't even work in the kitchen) "Where's our food?" [followed by] "We need to take our medication," and "My fingers hurt." Seriously, what is the deal here people? When you turn 60 do you get your membership to the AARP and an official document that gives you the right to complain about EVERYTHING?
Luckily, I was in a good mood and on a couple of occasions I was able to turn a frown upside down, but it took an effort on my behalf. My faith in the elderly was restored when one older gentleman made small talk with us and even jokingly referred to his group as a "bunch of old farts." I guess they're right, senior citizens, though slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose.
Keep it real,
Ben
PS - A note to my Grandparents: This is just satire, I love old people. Please don't write me out of the will! And yes, that is a picture of my Grandpa Swisher. A handsome fellow is he not?
No comments:
Post a Comment