OK, so I'm sitting here watching American History X for the third time and it still amazes me. I have never seen a more realistic depiction of human depravity. The movie centers around Derek, a young man who's policeman father was killed by a black man and gets involved in a local white power movement, eventually being sent to prison for murder.The movie portrays murder, rape, and racism as well as many other forms of violence and hatred, making no apologies. The images portrayed in the movie are almost unbearable, but undeniably powerful. It will break your heart and open your eyes. There is so much more I would like to say about this movie, but it has just ended and a thousand thoughts are swirling around in my head, none able to find their way onto this page. If you can stomach it, I would highly recommend this movie.
Keep it real,
Ben
No comments:
Post a Comment