OK, so tonight I came home from the YoungLife golf outing to find out that we have a rodent problem. I was standing in the kitchen admiring the vinyl floors when I saw a furry little rocket shoot from underneath the fridge to under the radiator.I screamed, not out of fear, but as a carefully planned attempt to scare the mouse into a state of shock where he could be easily be captured. That, however, didn't work out as I had planned and I am guessing that the little guy scurried into the living room as I was calling the girls upstairs for backup. Bethany came down and brought Justin and Brent with her. They were all no help.
Brent was the worst. He'd obviously been paying attention to too many PETA campaigns. He made sure that we "wouldn't kill it" and offered helpful suggestions such as buying a live trap. He claimed that he wasn't afraid of mice because he worked with them in the biology lab at ICC. After repeatedly trying to explain to him the difference between a domesticated animal and a wild rodent that will literally chew your face off I realized that will be up to me to take care of this problem.
I haven't figured out exactly what I'm going to do, but one thing I know is that I will not rest peacefully with an omnivorous rodent running free in my house, eating my food and defecating on my vinyl floors. You might say, "Oh, mice are so cute. Don't hurt him." And I say, "Sure, they're cute...until they literally chew your face off." They are omnivores after all.
Keep it real,
Ben
4 comments:
it was MOST DEFINITELY a girlish scream. And i doubt that a rainbow-colored feather duster is going to be much of a defense against an "omnivorous" beast with inscisors capable of gnawing through human bone, but thanks for trying...
that rain-bow colored feather duster was our last line of defense
Do you remember when we borrowed a mattress from friends that had an extra mattress in their attic? We borrowed it for some out-of-state friends to sleep on in our living room floor. You kids were bouncing on it when a mouse shot out of a side hole of the mattress. He ran down the hall and into the small bathroom. Kirby (our visiting friend) chased it into the bathroom and closed the door behind him. He yelled out for a broom. I can still hear him "whacking" around in that bathroom until he killed the little guy with a slap shot. Later we all laughed about Kirby playing "mice hockey". - All you need is a broom.
mice are disease ridden rodents, you need to kill the thing!! so nasty!! they are not cute, they are gross!!!! i know, i know not very nice, but.....
Post a Comment