Thursday, June 15, 2006

"Are you going to be a father?"

OK, so today I was mowing Kevin and Summer's lawn when a woman walked by and asked me "Are you going to be a father?" I replied, "Um, no, that would be the guy who lives here, Kevin." She was from the next cul-de-sac over and didn't know Kevin, but had heard he was having a baby.

That got me thinking. Apparently, to some people I look old enough to be a father. I can't imagine having a kid right now. I'm only 20. I can't even handle a pet right now. My gerbil Mittens died because I forgot to put water and food in its cage. And then to have a child I'll need a wife, which is a scary idea considering that I couldn't sign up for a Columbia Record House deal because I wasn't ready for the commitment. I'm not ready to have kids now, but I'm working towards it. Maybe I'll start with a fish. Remember, baby steps.

Keep it real,

Ben

2 comments:

JGanschow said...

the thought makes me shudder.





in a good way.

Anonymous said...

I wish you were my baby's daddy















what the heck was that? oh well