OK, so my roommate Bethany always tells me that I create awkward situations. While I usually disagree with her, today I did have an awkward moment.I was at the activities fair and I walked over to the YFC booth where they had a plate of cookies. Standing in front of the cookies was a girl I vaguely know, and in order to grab a cookie I had to reach my arm somewhat around her. I made the mistake of saying "hello" as I went for the cookie, and she misinterpreted my actions as wanting a hug. So the next thing I know she's standing there with both arms extended towards me and I'm going in for the cookie. It took a second for me to figure out what she was doing (all the while she's standing there with her arms out). I finally caught on, gave her a quick hug, grabbed my cookie and quietly left.
Awkward...
Keep it real,
Ben
6 comments:
glad i was there for that one
sounds like typical swisher. delightful.
Ben you are always awkward ;o) And don't worry because I can now say 'awkward' like Bethany and Autumn because we had lessons last night. Glad you gave her a hug though and not blew her off.
dude, i have that same sort of situation with a couple friends...
they live in wisconsin, and whenever we leave i hug my friend, but i never know if it's acceptable to hug his wife.
it probably would be, but we kind of all just stand there and wonder, "are eric and megan going to hug... or since they're boy and girl, are they just going to say 'bye' and walk away?"
awwwkkkwaarrrd.
well done, well done.
Post a Comment