OK, so now that I'm back home I have to readjust to buying and preparing my food. Unfortunately that means my diet mainly consists of sandwiches, cereal, and the occasional cup of yogurt. Today, after having a ham sandwich and yogurt for the 4th time since I've been home, I realized that I am going to learn how to cook. Crap.Cooking takes two things: time and energy. I don't want to give up either of them either. Plus, what am I going to cook anyways? I try to eat healthy, so that narrows down a lot of the choices out there, and I can't afford to shop at some organic grocery store like Naturally Yours. I know there are some people out there reading this who have been in or are currently in the same predicament as I am. I'm looking for feedback here. Help me out. Where do I start?
Keep it real,
Ben
11 comments:
Command 1:
Buy 1 box Hamburger Helper
1 lb. ground beef
Command 2:
Follow steps 1, 2 3 on the box...
I had my own apartment this last past year so I can definitely relate to this. Simple meal that became one of my favorites:
canned corn *heat on stovetop
rice (*instant..follow directions on box)
chicken breast (thaw, cut up into small bite size pieces and then cook on stovetop in skillet. Do not add oil. Cook in own juices on low/med heat. flip occasionally. cut in middle of the meat to check if done. Chicken is thoroughly done when it is no longer pink...the outside will start to brown and thats ok but if it seems like its browning a lot faster than the middle, turn the heat down.)
Simple. You can do all three sides at the same time and you should be done within 15 min tops. And you can always change up the sides so it isnt always corn and rice.... Enjoy :)
Buy tortillas. They are cheap and you can put virtually anything in them (especially leftovers). Plus, way less carbs than bread (and probably less filling but that's why you stuff them w/ enormous amounts of food).
this is great guys, keep 'em coming.
and please sign your name
tacos
again, follow directions on box
breakfast:
eggs, bacon, whatever...
don't cook anything on high except boiling water; use med. heat for most things
tuna: canned (packed in water!) can also buy in the packet so you don't have to drain, then tuna salad (add miracle whip, boiled egg and pickle relish) or there's tuna helper, or easy tuna casserole, boil wide egg noodles and drain, add a can of mushroom soup, milk, salt & pepper
noodles: boil water 1st, add noodles, boil 8 -12 min., drain
now you can make spaghetti, buy a jar of sauce and add beef if you want, cook that first and drain it!
Campbell's has easy recipes, try googling that
shrimp: shrimp gumbo, shrimp soup, shrimp salad, fried shrimp, shrimp scampi,shrimp-on-a-log
Bubba
chicken or chicken.
sometimes chicken of the sea.
The ingredients for this recipe includes the following:
1. bread
2. peanut butter
3. jelly
Directions: Take two slices of bread (white or maybe whole grain wheat since you are a health nut), take one heaping table knife full of peanut butter (smooth or crunchy), and spread liberally over flat side of one of the bread slices. Lick the residue from the table knife and prepare the second slice of bread by laying it parallel to the first bread slice that is covered with peanut butter. Take a heaping table knife full of jelly (jam is easier to work with and just as good), then spread the jelly liberally over flat side of the second bread slice. Lick the residue from the table knife and discard. Meticulously line up the edges of the two bread slices and join the slices together with the peanut butter and jelly surfaces touching.
This old fashioned recipe can be enjoyed with a variety of beverages. --- Happy eating!
Call if you need help.
Dad
Dad, your humor never ceases to make me roll my eyes
Perhaps you could make ome stir fry.
Get some meat..chicken or steak...
and begin to brown that. You may want to use some sort of oil or not stick spray.
Then, in another skillet, begin to heat vegetables of choice...celery, water chestnuts, broccoli, etc...
With this, you must use some cooking oil.
Cook the meat until brown, and cook the veggies until crispy.
Then mix them together and add some spice if you would like, or some sauce of choice...
Meal will cost $5 and will be incredibly tasty!!!
Chicken Alfredo Fettichini
Ingredients:
Chicken breast
Pasta (whichever you prefer)
alfredo sauce (Ragu has a good one)
bag of frozen broccoli (optional)
Directions:
Boil water for broccoli (put in however much you would use) and boil separate for the pasta..make as much as you want. As both are boiling, cook your chicken til done. Then put aside. Drain your pasta when done (approximately 10-12 min) and broccoli is done when boiled. Dish up the noodles, broccoli and chicken all together onto a plate and then pour the sauce on top. Presto...you made a simple and satisfying dinner :) Enjoy!
--Heather
You could be smart like your sister and take cooking lessons from a friend :)!
Post a Comment