OK, so I have this professor (he shall remain anonymous) who clears his throat more than anyone I have ever heard. There are rumors, some say he had throat cancer, others blame acute epiglottital failure, but no one knows for sure why. Today I decided to mark a tally on my notebook for every time he cleared his throat. I gave up somewhere around the 40th "AHEM" and we were only halfway through class.It's not just me who has noticed. Students are talking. Leslie Schultz told me, "I hated that class because his stupid 'AHEMs' kept waking me up while I was trying to sleep. Somebody get that guy a lozenge."
Maybe he should always have a water bottle with him while he's teaching. Then he could keep his throat lubricated throughout the entire class. Then again he'd probably have to take frequent bathroom breaks, further disrupting the class. I guess some people just can't win.
Keep it real,
Ben
2 comments:
hahah Ben you are right. I loved this post! Hopefully my mom doesn't read it and know I sleep through college too!! ;o) I kinda wanted to leave him a bag of halls anonymously...just a thought.
I have him on Tuesdays and Thurdays and actually the kid behind me keeps tallies everyday to keep his attention. Last week, I'm completely serious with this number: 81 "ahems."
This sounds like a Seinfeld episode.
Post a Comment