Saturday, February 10, 2007

The Awkward Hug, Pt. 2

OK, so to appreciate the irony of this post, please read my original post The Awkward Hug first.

The other night at small group, the girl from the original post showed up with her boyfriend. I hadn't seen her in quite some time, so as she came down the stairs into the basement where we were meeting, I walked over to say hello. Unfortunately, on my way over I tripped on Bethany's foot.

When my foot caught Bethany's, it caused me to lunge forward and my arms to extend upwards in an attempt to maintain balance. This was in turn interpreted by her as another hug attempt. She had a look of surprise on her face and said "Oh, hi" as she extended her arms to me. So there in the basement, for the second time in 6 months, we shared an awkward hug.

Next time I see her I'll just wave from a distance.

Keep it real,

Ben

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Leave my foot out of this and take some responsibility for your awkwardness:)