OK, so the other day I was at the Campustown Starbucks working on my laptop when 3 people in their late forties came and sat down near me. They were parents of incoming students at Bradley who were there for freshman orientation. There were two women and one man. I later figured out that two of them were married.As they sat there I couldn't help but notice the lady without the husband was dominating the conversation. She looked like she just walked out of an episode of Desperate Housewives, complete with blonde hair, nice clothes and a huge diamond ring on her finger. I sat there and eavesdropped as she told them all about her husband's job, their recent trips throughout the Mediterranean on a yacht, how they used to live in Malibu, and most of all about her children.
I sat there and listened as this woman dominated every aspect of the conversation while the other couple sat there mostly just listening. The other woman did not look like she was enjoying their interaction. At one point I felt like poking my head up over the laptop screen and yelling "Hey lady, shut up!" The other woman probably would have thanked me.
Keep it real,
Ben
No comments:
Post a Comment