Thursday, September 13, 2007

WHAM!

OK, so the other day I was driving on a country road when I came upon a flock of birds. I was doing about 65, and I seemed to have caught the birds off guard because they didn't scatter until the last second.

There must have been 40 birds all taking flight at the same time, right in front of my rapidly approaching car. I didn't think much of it because it always looks like you're going to hit them, but then the birds manage to get away just in time.

But suddenly, to my surprise, I saw one straggler who wasn't flying away as quickly as the others. It all happened so fast I didn't get a good look, but I like to imagine the bird was able to make peace with God in that short amount of time, because the next thing I knew, WHAM, the bird hit my windshield and bounced up into the air.

Now I'm not one for animal cruelty, but I have to admit that I got a pretty good laugh out of that. Those birds think they're just the cock of the walk, congregating on our roads and byways, defecating on statues, flying into recently cleaned windows, etc. Somebody had to teach them a lesson. I just thank the Lord that I got to help.

Keep it real,

Ben

No comments: