Sunday, November 04, 2007

Socks in a Microwave

OK, so sometimes in the morning our apartment is cold, and I have to get creative in order to stay warm. Now, according to my father, Chinese scientists have long known that the foot is the epicenter of personal comfort, so it is imperative that my feet stay warm at all times.

That is why I started microwaving my socks a couple of weeks ago. It only takes 30-40 seconds, and when the socks come out they are nice and toasty. It's been working great, until the other day when I accidentally entered 3:00 into the microwave instead of :30.
I was wondering why something smelled burnt in the kitchen when I remembered the socks. After unplugging the whole microwave and taking it outside in order to open it without smoke filling our apartment, I realized that microwaving your socks might not be the safest thing.

Let this be a lesson to you kids out there: if you must heat your socks or any other type of knitted hosiery, please, use the oven or even your George Forman Grill. Microwaves are just too dangerous.

Keep it real,

Ben

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Ryan told me this story last week, I died laughing. Hilarious Ben.