Sunday, February 24, 2008

Denny's, the Bastard Child of the Restaurant Business

OK, so I've worked at the Olive Garden for about 3 months now. I haven't been in the restaurant business very long, but I've been in it long enough to know that Denny's isn't exactly setting the standards other restaurants are trying to live up to.

Denny's is the restaurant everyone loves to pick on. One time my manager was scolding me, and for emphasis he punctuated his remarks by saying "This isn't a Denny's!" Today, as a joke, I warned my coworker that if she didn't get her tray out of the way she'd be "working at a Denny's by this time tomorrow." I don't know why, but it's just fun to speak disparagingly of Denny's.

To be fair, I do eat at Denny's every once in a while. My Young Life guys and I go there from time to time, and have been doing so the last four years. I mean, where else can you get breakfast all day? (besides the Waffle House, Bob Evans, IHOP, Sonic, Dunkin' Donuts, and pretty much any family-style diner)

Keep it real,

Ben

1 comment:

JGanschow said...

Oh Ben, I wish I could take you on a few inspections of such named establishments....