OK, so tonight I was driving home and noticed an entire fleet of cop cars with their emergency lights on and a 100 yard section of University Street taped off right before the Main St. intersection, less than a block from my apartment.When I walked over to find out what was going on, I saw a friend of mine who had been there since arriving shortly after the accident occurred. Apparently a young man had been hit by a car while walking with his friends at around 11:45 PM.
I debated whether to write what I've heard without knowing what actually happened, but I am curious to see how the version of the story I was told lines up with the actual story that will surely be all over the news.
What I was told is that a 21 year old Bradley student was walking with his friends when he tripped and fell in front of a car driven by a young woman. When the ambulance arrived, they performed a tracheotomy, but could not resuscitate him. My friend said they figured this because the ambulance drove away without its emergency lights on.
What I do know for sure was that when I arrived there was a young man locked in the back of one of the squad cars, and University Street was blocked off on the southbound side from Columbia Terrace to Avanti's. It also sounded like there was a good chance that alcohol and horseplay were involved. Let's hope that's not the case.
I'll write a follow up post to see if what I've heard is true. Hopefully it isn't, but the scene looked pretty grim. Either way, watch for this story in the news and be praying for the family of this young man.
Keep it real,
Ben
No comments:
Post a Comment