Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Happy Holidays

OK, so with Christmas right around the corner I keep hearing Christians (Evangelical mostly) complaining about the "secularization of the Christmas season." I told one Christian "Happy Holidays" and they rolled their eyes at me.

Christians get all hot and bothered because of this and complain about their rights, and they point fingers, and they even go as far encouraging other Christians to boycott stores that use the phrase "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas."

In light of this I've re-written 1 Corinthians 4:12-13 to reflect the attitude of many evangelicals in America.

When we are cursed, we make our anger known; when we are persecuted, we prosecute; when we are slandered, we demand restitution. Up to this moment we have positioned ourselves to be respected among the earth, the self-righteous of the world.

Happy Holidays.

Ben

5 comments:

Carly_Escoto said...

you're awesome

Unknown said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

=]

charlesdean2 said...

well said!

Anonymous said...

lol. stud.

Unknown said...

Blasphemer.