Friday, April 21, 2006

Aesthetics Matter

OK, so tonight I went to Starbucks in Campustown with an old buddy of mine. It was a lot of fun catching up and hearing him tell me about what's going on in his life right now. The one thing, though, that topped the night for me was the location.

I'd never been to the new Starbucks at Bradley before, and I have to say I was quite impressed. It was very spacious and comfortable with several couches and chairs in one corner and a set of tables at the other. We opted to sit at the bar and chat while I sipped on a Green Tea Frappuccino. The atmosphere was really relaxed and cozy. Everything just fit. I would rather go to a place with bad food and a great atmosphere than the other way around.

I have found my new hangout spot. One World was too expensive anyways and I hated walking out of there smelling like smoke. The new Starbucks is the perfect spot to grab a drink and just shoot the breeze, so the next time you want to just hang out and talk, call me up and we can talk over a couple of Venti No Foam Skim Milk Double Shot Iced Carmel Macchiatos with whipped cream.

Keep it real,

Ben

PS - For clarification, I have been to the other two Starbucks in town and didn't care for either of them because all they have is a bunch of tiny 2-person tables lining the walls. The barista informed me that this was one of Starbucks' new floor plans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, that starbucks is pretty incredible. i work with your sister at the other one! hope you are doing well bro!