Sunday, April 23, 2006

Busted

OK, so Saturday night I decided to stay in. As I was sitting at my computer the song "Butterfly Kisses" popped into my head and I hadn't heard it in a while so I found a copy online to listen to. Then I decided to pull out my guitar and play along and before you know it I was playing and singing along to "Butterfly Kisses"

The thing you have to understand is that my dorm's front wall is made out of concrete instead of metal. This provides little to no soundproofing between my room and the hallway. I guess the music was up pretty loud because I didn't hear the people in the hall until the part of the song where he sings "I just feel like I'm losing my baby girl" and I hear a soft knock knock knock on my door.

I immediately turned off the volume and just sat in awkward silence for a moment. Then I scrambled to find some "cooler" music to play. They didn't really say anything and just left after a minute or so. I guess they just wanted to knock on my door as if to say "busted." Busted indeed.

Keep it real,

Ben

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The guys in your dorm might enjoy hearing you sing: "Having My Baby" by Paul Anka. Or, how about "Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder. Another good one is "Can You Feel The Love Tonight". And finally, maybe you could get all the guys together and sing "Ain't No Mountain High Enough". These are just some suggestions to make your college experience really special.
P.S. "You Are So Beautiful" really says it all.

JGanschow said...

dude, that is freakin hilarious. and i was only knocking to ask if i could borrow some sugar.

Anonymous said...

that's pretty dang funny.