Monday, April 03, 2006

Kicking and Screaming

OK, so today I got to spend time with two of my YoungLife guys, sophomores from Richwoods, at the Auto Show in the Civic Center. We worked the inflatable jumping pit from Fun on the Run in order to earn money for camp.

Things went pretty well overall, except for the time when we were over the limit and had to eject a kid. One grandfather tried to bring his kid out, but he wouldn't listen. The kid just ignored him and kept jumping around. So I, being in charge, took off my shoes and went in after him. Let me tell you, this kid was fast, but I chased him down and finally cornered him. As a last resort, he dropped to the ground like a sack of potatoes. At that moment I realized there was only one thing to do, and with Grandpa's permission I grabbed the little brat by his ankles and drug him out of there. Needless to say the kid wasn't too happy, but I, on the other hand, was warmly received with shouts of "Way to go!" and "That kid had it coming!" from the other parents.

After we finished applying the ointment to the rug burns on his stomach and arms I tried to make amends with the him, but the little punk was stonewalling me. Oh well, you can't win 'em all.

Keep it real,

Ben

No comments: