Friday, May 19, 2006

I Brake For Chuck Collins

OK, so I live in a house just off of Bradley's campus and recently I have heard rumors flying around about local Weatherman Chuck Collins of WMBD Channel 31 living nearby, but I never believed them to be true. Turns out we're neighbors.

I left the house around 6:30, and as I backed my car into the alley behind my house I found myself bumper to bumper with Chuck Collins. He must have turned the corner just as I was starting my car because I didn't see him at until we were face to face. At first I didn't recognize him. Maybe it's because I never imagined Chuck Collins driving a light blue Chrysler minivan. I'm assuming his real car is in the shop.

He luckily saw me backing out and stopped short, or else I would have nailed him. I can just imagine the post accident exchange. "I'm seeing a lawsuit followed by some medical bills with a 40% chance of license suspension." Thanks for stopping Chuck.

Keep it real,

Ben

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you serious? Where does he live? We'll talk.
Your long lost neighbor....um...downstairs

twaddle said...

haha

that chuck collins...he's a character