Thursday, May 18, 2006

"What are you doing here?"

OK, so as most of you know I'm a YoungLife leader. I love it because it's all about having relationships with high schoolers and telling them about Christ. One of the main things we do is called "contact work" where we go to the school or sporting events to just hang out with the kids.

Today I went to Richwoods during lunch for the first time since this winter. My schedule was always busy during the lunch hour so I never made it out, but today I was free so I headed on over. It's always funny because the kids' first question is always "What are you doing here?" Luckily most of the kids I know like me and will hang out and talk for 5 or 10 minutes. Even though it can awkward walking into the high school and hanging out with my dorky visitor's pass stuck to my shirt, I love getting the chance to see the kids and just hang out. I plan on going back tomorrow if I can just get out of bed before 11 o'clock...

Keep it real,

Ben

1 comment:

JGanschow said...

i get the same response from my roommates every time i come home.