Sunday, May 14, 2006

"Why did God make me with a wazy eye?"

OK, so my grandma Summer has recently been "adopted" as a surrogate grandmother of several children from a family at her church. One little boy named Christopher unfortunately has a lazy eye and a lisp. To make his eye stronger the little boy has to wear a patch over it during the day. It works out well though; they just tell him that he's a pirate!

So anyways, my grandma was telling us about her experiences babysitting and she said that on one occasion she woke him up from his nap and he looked at my grandma and asked "Why did God make me with a wazy eye?" to which my grandma, who suffers from nerve damage in her right leg, replied "I don't know why God gave me a wazy weg."

Another time my grandma, who also wears hearing aids, finished reading Christopher a story and asked "Now, if your sister Rachel starts crying let me know, I might not hear her" and Christopher responded by saying "She kwying." My grandma fears that the little girl might have been crying for hours.

I just thought these stories were funny, but all this said, my grandma really is a good babysitter. After all, she put up with me for all those years.

Keep it real,

Ben

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, the child was upstairs in a room with the door closed, I am not THAT deaf. She couldn't have been crying for hours, I had only been there a short while. (but I thought it made a good story)
I could tell you some even BETTER stories than that about babysitting my interesting and fun grandson Ben. :o)
Grandma

Ryan said...

i feel bad for the poor guy... with my bad eyes, i had to wear a patch over one eye when i was a kid and it was the worst thing ever.

swishthedish said...

Yeah, he's a cute little guy. I feel bad for him too. Luckily he's got my grandma around for support