Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Midnight Special

OK, so I rarely get around to grocery shopping during the day, so I usually wind up going to the Kroger off University at around midnight, which is what I did tonight. As I was pushing my cart down the aisles the song "The Final Countdown" by Europe came on the radio and right then I realized how much I hate grocery shopping.

At first, grocery shopping was fun because I was on my own and able to buy any items I please. Now it's just another chore that takes money out of my bank account. And when I go late at night it's usually because I am completely out of food. It's never fun because I'm usually tired and don't feel waiting in line for 30 minutes because there's only 1 checkout open. Someday when I get married I think I'll let my wife do the grocery shopping (and cooking, cleaning, lawn maintenence, raising of the children, etc).

Keep it real,

Ben

5 comments:

JGanschow said...

every girl that reads this is going to kick you. and then you'll be injured. injured bad.

Jason Wood said...

did you know that you start out every blog post on here with "OK, so..."? just thought you'd want to know

swishthedish said...

yes, I start and end every blog post the same way on purpose. it's called uniformity.

Anonymous said...

ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,........I can't wait for your mom to read this!! ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha

Anonymous said...

you do know that this post is going to come back and haunt you on your wedding day when your best man is making his toast. lol