Friday, June 09, 2006

That Smell

OK, so lately I have noticed a foul odor emanating from my closet, but I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Today I took out my dirty laundry and started sniffing around, which led me to my gym bag. Turns out, I had mixed milk and protein powder and put it in my nalgene before a workout. I threw it in my bag for afterwards, but for whatever reason I didn't work out that day. I haven't used my gym bag since and this was well over a month ago.

The nalgene smelled horrible. As I unscrewed the lid it made a hissing sound and unleashed one of the worst odors I have ever smelled. Even after pouring it out and rinsing the nalgene with soap and water it still smells awful. So I left the nalgene and bag outside to air out, but I fear that they might be ruined. My hands still smell from just handling the nalgene, even after washing them. I guess I learned my lesson: Never underestimate the rate at which lactic bacteria can reproduce in a nalgene at room temperature. IT STINKS!

Keep it real,

Ben

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When it comes to your nalgene and smell.... easier to throw it out and replace then to get rid of smell... but if you do get rid of the smell please tell us how.... anyone with a nalgene and happens not to wash it and leave it in heat tend to have an odor in the nalgene... so if you do get rid of the smell help us out