Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Rocky Mountain High

OK, so this past weekend I went on a 3 day ski trip to Steamboat Springs, Colorado with Young Life. This was our second trip, and we're hoping to make it an annual event.

It was, for the most part, a lot of fun. The last two years I have gotten sick the first day. I think it's a combination of the bus ride and the altitude, but whatever it is it makes me nauseous for about 10 hours or so, then I feel much better the next day.

The skiing was good. I only skied about 30 minutes the first day, but by day three I was skiing black diamond slopes. On the last run of the last day, my group was in a hurry to get down the mountain to leave, but we got a little mixed up and ended up having to take a lift that went to the highest point in the mountain. And, at the top of the mountain there was a huge storm, with visibility at about 20 feet, so in trying to get down we found ourselves on the backside of the mountain, on a black diamond with trees littered all over the run. It was quite the adventure.

I also had a good time hanging out with some guys from Richwoods. They were pretty crazy (they spent half their time smoking outside the motel in the 0 degree temperatures, and one of them got a tatoo while we were there), but we all had a lot of fun and they were really glad they went.

Oh yeah, and it was absolutely beautiful out there, but I guess it always is.

Keep it real,

Ben

No comments: