OK, so some Saturday mornings I like to help volunteer at a Christian organization downtown, and I happened to go this morning. Interestingly, while I was there I met a girl.This girl seemed great. She was attractive, really nice, super caring, laughed a lot, smart, etc. She was there with a couple of high school students that she worked with through her church. We talked most of the time and when we were on opposite sides of the room she kept smiling at me.
So she's awesome, but there's a catch. She's 30. Now, maybe I misread and she's just nice to everyone, but she wasn't wearing a ring and seemed to enjoy talking to me.
I was debating whether to ask her to go to coffee sometime, but I couldn't work up the courage to ask out a woman 8 years my senior. I mean, I'm 22. I'm still in college. She's trying to pay off a mortgage, I'm trying to beat Guitar Hero 2 on expert. A little different stages of life to say the least.
One of my friends told me that "age is a number" and that I should just ask her out. He also just happens to be dating a girl 8 years younger than him (he's 26).
So we all know that nothing will materialize from it, but I had been planning on going back next Saturday anyways, so maybe she'll come back and we can smile at each other for a while.
Keep it real,
Ben
9 comments:
Priesthood. Catholic Priesthood is your answer my friend.
Ben. I am 31. Does that clear things up for you? It's weird dude.
Ben - ignore Summer's comment. 30 is ok. Just ask Justin. You might want to tone down the video games first, though! Ha!
Yeah, they tell me 30 is the new 25.
It's going to be real awkward if she googles your name until she finds this blog and then reads that post.
Well, if she's taking the time to google my name, she probably really digs me or is a stalker. Either way it's win win!
Two Words: Sugar Mama!
Amen Ryan.
If God wants me to go to seminary he's going to have to send me a woman who can pay for it!
cha ching.
Post a Comment