Thursday, March 20, 2008

Not in the Mood

OK, so tonight a guy I know came over unexpectedly to hang out with Ryan, but I avoided him because I really wasn't in the mood to talk.

I was polite, but went into the living room and turned on the TV in an attempt to get away. But, he eventually found his way over to the living room and started up a conversation.

At first I was annoyed and just wanted to watch TV, but after a while he sat down and it appeared he wasn't going anywhere so I figured I would turn off the TV and talk with him.

During the next hour and a half we ended up having one of the most meaningful conversations I've had in a long time. This friend has been having a rough time lately, and we talked about what was going on in his life and a little about what was going on in my life. We are even planning on meeting again to further discuss some of the things we talked about.

He just left, and I am amazed at the fact that at the time I wanted to be alone and watch TV more than anything, but now wouldn't trade that time we spent talking for anything. It's really ironic to me and makes me wonder how many great things I miss out on all the time because I'm in a bad mood, or not feeling up for it. Thankfully God didn't let my bad mood get in the way tonight.

Keep it real,

Ben

No comments: