Monday, March 27, 2006

My Mother, Employee of the Month

OK, so Saturday night I dropped by my house to pick something up and wound up talking to my parents for a little while. They are faithful readers of my fledgling blog and we talked about it for a little while, but then my dad mentioned how my mom had recently received the title "Employee of the Month." As a result she gets to park in the "Employee of the Month Parking Spot" and was given thank-you notes from all of her co-workers (which she was quick to have me read). Turns out my mom had filled in for them, or helped all of them out some way or another in the last month and they really appreciated her. My mom then casually mentioned "you should write about that in your blog."

So Mom, this post is dedicated to you. My mom is a great woman. She is one of the most selfless people I know. She always wants to make sure that I'm doing okay and that I'm getting along fine at Bradley. She writes sends me letters and post cards while I'm at school, occasionally will give me money even when I don't ask, and even does my laundry for me if I bring it home. And she never complains. More importantly than just the things she does, she has always loved me unconditionally, and I couldn't have asked for a better childhood, or a better mother for that matter. So Mom, here's looking at you. I love you.

Keep it real,

Ben

PS - Dad you're OK too

3 comments:

David said...

First off, Congrats to Mrs. Swisher - You seem to be rocking life pretty hard - You go girl.

As for you, Ben Swishy, I'm sitting in the library next to that tricky window, highlighted below, and I am happy to report that dudes face oils are still on the window

Chris said...

Props to your mom...

That little Asian guy was me dressed like an asian...never forget the asian guy!!!!!

Jake Bland said...

does this mean you mom will send us food when you move in?