OK, so today was laundry day. I didn't exactly get a lot accomplished throughout the day, but at least I got a whopping 4 loads of laundry done. That's two weeks worth for me. I usually wait until I'm out of boxers before I do any laundry. This week I really cut it close because I had already gone through all of my boxers, and was wearing the last pair I owned when I finally did my laundry. And I mean this was the end of the line: I was down to my blue, plaid Joe Boxers. These boxers aren't just any boxers, they are originals from the very first set of boxers my mother ever bought me.It was the beginning of an era for me. 8th grade was winding down, I would soon be heading off to high school, my voice had dropped a whole 1/9th of an octave, and I had already had my first kiss. Yes, things were definitely looking up for me. It was then that I decided (with permission from my mother) that it was time for me to move from the puerile "whitey tighties" and on to a more mature form of undergarmentry: boxers.
So Mom went to Wal-Mart and got me a 3-pack of Joe-Boxers. It took me a while to adjust to the new "fit." I guess I wasn't sure what to do with all that freedom, but after a while I got the hang of it and Mom threw out the remaining Hanes. The transition was complete. Since then I've gotten newer, better fitting boxers, but somehow after all these years my blue, plaid Joe Boxers have stuck with me. As I mentioned earlier, they are normally a last resort seeing that now they are extremely tight on me, with several holes and a worn out waistband, but I still like them. I guess I'm a sentimental kind of guy.
Keep it real,
Ben
4 comments:
now THATS a blog post
somehow i can't find anything sweetly sentimental about boxers. must be a guy thing...
dude. i'm not so sure i would want to be wearing boxers from 8th grade. how are those things not falling apart????
yup -- I have the exact same story. This could have been written about me.
I just threw out the original pair last week -- they have a 7 inch hole in the front. That didn't prevent me from wearing them a few more times before throwing them out.
Hey - when you're desperate, you're desperate.
Post a Comment