OK, so tonight I had to drive to Pekin to attend a friend's college graduation party. As I drove around for 45 minutes trying to find CJ's Cafe, I realized that I really don't like Pekin at all.I think most of my distaste for Pekin lies in two things: 1) the smell and 2) their roadways. First of all, why does Pekin always seem to smell like fish and burning plastic? Is there some kind of fish processing plant on the outskirts of town that I don't know about? The other thing I hate is Pekin's one way streets. I'm coming down Broadway, and next thing I know I have to turn onto 8th street, which then has a fork in the road and I'm on 3rd street and before I know it I'm crossing a bridge to take me out of Pekin and into Peoria. Who designed these roads? I had to drive all the way across the bridge just to turn around and come back.
It's funny because a lot of people I hang out with and 3 of the 6 people I live with are from Pekin. Let's just hope we only hang out in Peoria this summer.
Keep it real,
Ben
4 comments:
funny thing about pekin...
it never improves.
Ben, i agree. Who was the cracked out hippy who designed the roads? I think that if you were to see them from above, they probably spell out something derogatory. That's just my opionion. but it's true.
Oh Ben...You have to understand something. Pekin is wrongly labeled. Sure that side of town smells like a dead fish, but that just brings out the character in our quaint little town. At least we don't have a stupid little circle to drive around to tur left...stupid washington
that square is beautiful, beautiful washington
Post a Comment