Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Christmas Bethany!

OK, so "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" is a foundational Biblical principle, which is why I was forced to put a rotting fish under Bethany Goodman's bed a few days ago.

Several days prior to Christmas a white elephant gift exchange between some of my roommates and their friends took place at my house. One of the gifts was a dead fish inside of a bag. Long story short, the fish found its way under the passenger seat of my car. Luckily I caught it the next day by accident and threw it out. A day later it wound up back in my car and, once again, I found it by accident.

I found out that Bethany and her boyfriend Chris were the culprits. They thought it was hilarious. I guess we have a different sense of humor. So anyways, two days before Christmas I threw the fish underneath her bed while she wa gone.

Fast forward to today (the 26th) where I get a text message at around noon from Bethany that says, "So...here's the thing...Our friendship is over." Apparently the fish stunk so bad that she had to spray Lysol all over the room and leave the windows open for a couple hours.

I text messaged her back saying "I take it you found your Christmas present." They say "revenge is a dish best served cold," but I say "Merry Christmas Bethany!"

Keep it real,

Ben

5 comments:

JGanschow said...

Freaking Brilliant! You could say she has changed her tune-a (tuna). pun.

Bethany said...

i'll get you ben swisher...and your little dog too.

erichapman said...

funniest part of this post... "Luckily I caught it the next day by accident and threw it out."

you "caught" a dead fish.

ha!

Ryan said...

i poisoned bethany's food. for fun. we'll see how funny she thinks that is.

swishthedish said...

thanks ryan, i knew you had my back