Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Back to My Old Self

OK, so lately I have not been doing bad, but I felt like I was just living out a mediocre life. I even noticed some subtle changes, such as preferring to spend the night at home when other people were going out and doing things. But thankfully, things started to change when my friend Darin came back from college. We went and shot baskets at our old church gym and had one of the most intimate conversations in recent memory.

So, since then God has worked in my life to bring about what feels like a complete renewal. There are too many things to list, but one of the biggest ways God has worked in my life was to send me on a New Year's retreat. I almost didn't go, but ended up going and spending time with my two roommates plus five other guys. It was most eclectic mix of guys, but we had a blast. I didn't realize how much I had been missing real fellowship with other guys until I finally got it. But most importantly of all God has drawn me closer to Him through all this.
I'm sorry that this post wasn't funny. I know most people just read this blog for humor, but I wanted to stop and say that I feel like my old self again and thank God for that. Amen.

Keep it real,

Ben

PS - The above picture is the group I went on the retreat with. Jason ruined this picture by smiling. Oh well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite part of your profile is that your favorite book is Goodnight Moon...And maybe the picture, that should def be in a magazine! cya

--Darin

nick said...

no offense ben, but that was an ultra-girly post.

hugs and kisses
nick

swishthedish said...

nick, i'm going to slap you in your face

Anonymous said...

Ruined?! What are *you* talking about??

swishthedish said...

i'm kidding, actually that's my favorite picture for the very reason that you're smiling.