Sunday, February 04, 2007

Snuggle Up, Partner

OK, so this last weekend I went to Young Life's Mission Community Conference in Dubuque, Iowa. We stayed at a Holiday Inn, and I shared a hotel room with 3 other married men. Since there were two beds and four of us, we had to share beds.

At around 1:30 AM I stripped down to my boxers and crawled into bed (I overheat when I sleep). So there I am, in my boxers, in a hotel room sleeping next to a guy who's been married for the last 8 months.

The details are hazy, but early in the morning I woke up and felt two big arms wrap over top of me from behind. There was approximately one second of utter and sheer awkwardness as we laid there intertwined until he quickly realized I was not his wife and rolled over and went back to sleep.

At first I was like, "Did that just happen?" so I quickly glanced over to the clock and sure enough it said 5:34. This was no dream. The next morning we got up and went about our business as usual. Neither of us mentioned the incident.

Although it only lasted one second, I can't help but wonder what would have happened if he hadn't realized his error and continued to cuddle with me. I probably would have just told him I had a headache. I hear that works.

Keep it real,

Ben

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You both should have jumped up and said, "Hey, How about those Bears?!!"

JGanschow said...

"quick, do something manly!"