Sunday, May 27, 2007

Poetic Justice

OK, so I recently moved into a new apartment near Campustown and the neighbors across the street are, how do I put this nicely, a little shady. So today Ryan and I were grilling steaks on the balcony of our second floor apartment while a bunch of people across the street were hanging around outside.

One young man was riding a green Kawasaki motorcycle back and forth, making sure to rev the engine up as loud as he could as he drove up and down the short street in front of our apartments. Ryan and I were a little annoyed to say the least, but we put up with it.

After about 10 minutes of this the young man pulled into the driveway of his friend's house and proceeded to rev the engine. I'm not sure of all the details, but all I know is that I looked down to check on our steaks and heard the sound of the bike kicking into gear followed by a loud crash and various curse words.

I looked up to see that he had smashed the bike (which wasn't his) into his friend's mother's SUV. There was glass and pieces of green plastic all over the driveway, and the right handlebar of the bike had broken off. There's really not much more to say about the incident, so I'll let you use your imagination, but suffice it to say that when Ryan and I walked back inside, we had a good laugh.

Moral of the story: Don't be an idiot and rev up your engine while driving your motorcycle around in a residential neighborhood. You just might get what's coming to you.

Keep it real,

Ben

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How were the steaks?