Sunday, April 13, 2008

San Francisco Bay Region Young Life

OK, so a week ago I was flown out to San Francisco to interview with Young Life in the Bay Region. I spent three and a half days out there getting a macro-level view of the area, as well as visiting individual communities. While I was there I ate out more times than I can count, went to downtown San Francisco for a night and met with a number of different YL staff and volunteers.

At the end of the trip I told the regional director I was interested in continuing the interviewing process, and he said the feeling was mutual, so I will be flying back out there for more interviews and in depth visits to the communities I could work in.

There are three different areas they could place me at, and it just so happens that their first choice for me is also my favorite. That community is a town called Brentwood. It's a booming town - 40,000 new residents in the last 8 years.

These are pictures from the area. It's absolutely gorgeous out there and the weather is close to perfect. So far it looks like a good fit for everyone, but I won't know anything for sure until I get out there and find out all the details.

So, feel free to pray for me during this process. I've interviewed with Young Life here, and that option is still on the table as well. Right now I feel at peace with everything and know that wherever I end up will be where God wants me.

Keep it real,

Ben

No comments: