Saturday, April 05, 2008

Sexual Harassment in the Workplace!

OK, so if you're reading this blog post aloud to a group of children you might want to reconsider. I fear their impressionable young minds might be forever scarred from hearing the following story...

Tonight I was serving a table at the Olive Garden when I felt someone flick my rear end with their finger. I figured it was a joke and turned around expecting to see someone I knew, but instead only saw a 50 year old woman.

She gave me this look and said, "Your ass was in my face." Not knowing what to say I simply said, "Oh, I'm sorry about that." She then said, "I'm just hitting on you. You can stick your ass in my face whenever you want." By then I really didn't know what to say, but managed to blurt out "Good to know" and quickly walked back into the kitchen.

I could tell that she had been drinking and that the alcohol was clouding her judement. It apparently was also affecting her husband's judgement, who was sitting right there the whole time.

I was really busy, so I didn't have time to think about it and didn't even notice the woman after that. But that sure does rank up there as one of my most awkward moments in the workplace.

I didn't read the Olive Garden's public policy when I hired on, but I'm pretty sure carnal abuse wasn't in the terms of the agreement. Maybe I'm entitled to some sort of compensation. I'll have to look into that...

Keep it real,

Ben

No comments: